Saturday, April 3, 2010

Where are they?


Ask any mum and she will tell you, the tiredness reaches a whole new level once you have kids. Even when they start to sleep better, it's still there, lingering in the background, the need to sleep. You never know what it's like to be completely and utterly exhausted until you're a mum. Looking after other peoples kids does not give the same results.

Does 3 kids 3 and under make me three times as tired as my friends with "only" one child. I dunno. And I don't actually care. It's not a competition. Anyway, the point is, that I'm pretty much used to this life. I'm used to having various degree's of no energy. Some days I push through and others I don't. Our house is constantly in various states of messiness regardless of how much energy I put into keeping it tidy. I try not to let this bother me. I love the days when everything is kinda shiny but regardless; the washing always gets done. Dishes never stay dirty for more then 24hours. There is always food on time for the kidlets. So it's not the end of the world.

What does bother me though is that this past week I have been incredibly forgetful. I'm sure I've been told at least 5 times what days my friend Liz is working. I forget what I was doing 10 minutes ago. I forget to bring the bag of clean clothes thats sitting by the door in to my nana. That's it. I'll blame it on my trips to the hospital. I'm sure I left some brain cells there.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails