Thursday, April 1, 2010

What in the world.

I sat down this morning to write my 'Operation Think Happy' post and got distracted checking my inbox. A friend had sent me a link to a news story that stopped me in my tracks. 
That was enough to change my mood. I can't write a Think Happy post while I'm reading a story like this.

I know the world is full of horror stories.
I know. 
I know that people are being abused everyday.
I know that people are being used everyday.
I know that people are being sold everyday.
I know that this is a problem.

But this story. It's all to much.
I want to wrap this little girl up in love. 
I want her to know that this is not right.
That she has been betrayed.
I want her to know that she is worth more then she could possibley know, and that she is so perfect even in her brokenness.  
I want her to know that her stepsister did something wrong, but that she still deserves love. Her stepsister is broken too.

I want to tell them that there is a God that loves them.
A God who wept when he saw this happening.
A God who is waiting to take them in his arms and whisper in their ears a quiet but strong;
"I love YOU, I am here for YOU, I gave up my son for YOU."

It's easter this weekend.
Everyone knows the story. I dont' feel the need to share it.
But not everyone realizes that it was ALL for them.
It breaks my heart.






0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails