Monday, April 11, 2011

Fruit loop.

A friend sent me the link to this super cute print.

Print by Candidate

It makes me smile every time I catch a glance at it out of the corner of my eye, even as I type this.
Yet somehow I can't help but think that maybe it's just not that easy.
I'm sure it was sent in a simple 'isn't this cute' kinda way, but to me?
To me, somehow this cute little print stirs up all kinda rubbish.
Stupid right?
I don't even know what it is that makes me just a little upset.
Maybe it's that I wanna be a different coloured fruit loop.
I know that I'm definitely no cheerio (especially seeing as Cheerio has me instantly thinking of the cheerleaders in Glee....yes Liz, Glee.)
But right now, I'm also not the 'save the world' red fruit loop.
More like a soggy yellow one floating near the bottom of the bowl trying to survive. 
Cause that's how I feel these days.
Soggy, tired and worn out.
Like nothing is good enough.
And fighting desperately not to sink all the way to the bottom.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails