Sunday, March 21, 2010

Sunday Citar.


The informality of family life is a blessed condition that allows us to become our best while looking our worst.  
~Marge Kennedy

I have my Aunt staying with me for the weekend. 
I have never had much to do with her, she is my dad's sister and we always lived with my mum.
I wasn't sure how the weekend would turn out.
It has been great.
You could probably even say perfect. 
She leaves tomorrow morning and I'm going to miss how easy it is to be with her.
She had her three girls almost as close as I've had my kids. 
I have been bombarded with little tips, as well as compliments and confidence boosters about how well I am doing at this whole mothering mess.
I never thought I had much of a family.
I was wrong.

This is part of a communal sharing of inspiration and beauty called Sunday Citar.




2 comments:

Sojourner said...

I'm so glad your week turned out SO good!! Yay!!
I'm really happy you're Aunty was such a good encourager, me telling you you're good at it, isn't as worthwhile as someone who's been there before.
Yay for discovering a friend in family :D

BeckeyZ said...

Wonderful quote! Family can be such a blessing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails